Monday 18 June 2012

Singapore, Cruise on Superstar Virgo

My vacation was better than expected as I embarked on a cruise for the first time with Jas. In fact, we barely could not contain our excitement when we checked in at the immigration. 

From the boarding area at Harbour Front Centre, the ship was an epitome of traveling in luxury to me and I found my legs moving towards the ship on its own accord. Jas's long legs carried her even faster as I closed in the distance and snapped some photos along the way.  






























I guess the idea of getting away and dislodging temporarily from the normal routines had made this trip worth every penny spent; especially the bliss I felt - the realisation that I did not need to go to work for one whole week. Hooray!!






























"Little" boats by the side of the cruise ship are headed for Batam island, an island that is 1-2 hours away from Singapore.






























Got to be in the right lane. This is where we collect our boarding card so that we could access all the facilities on the ship, including our cabin.































We made our way to our cabin room. It's a long stretch of corridor. We must have walked the entire length of the ship before getting to the right cabin.






























The toilet was at the doorway.. really tiny toilet as there wasn't much room to move about. The cabin is also small with an even smaller TV. Not many channels but I will survive with 2 books in handy. There's a welcoming plate of fruits on the table and a comfortable sofa.

I couldn't resist the bed so that is why the bed sheets look crumpled in the next picture.. and then there's the attached balcony to our cabin.


The Integrated Resort at Sentosa taken from our cabin balcony. 

The cable car to Sentosa from Mount Faber. Now, come to think of it, I've never taken the 'jewel' cable car before...

We took the time exploring the ship and finding out about the shore tour itineraries. Exciting... and equally refreshing as I get to enjoy my first mocktail, after 3 hrs of our time together on the cruise ship. 





No comments:

Post a Comment