Friday 6 April 2012

Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (KLCC)

I went to Kuala Lumpur for a short retreat in March. It was a last minute decision because I couldn't get the budget flight to Krabi, Thailand. They were fully booked! We then, opted for the nearest outlet - KL, for only 3 days/2 nights, to indulge ourselves.

We stayed at a studio suite at Parkroyal for the first time. Actually, there's nothing more I like to do, other than lazing around on the nice coach with a good book.






























Nice cushions too.. and a big LCD TV. The fully equipped kitchen is another plus point.

We went for a walk at Bukit Bintang, which is deemed as the shopping belt of KL. I bought some books at Borders in Berjaya Time Square. It was kind of nostalgic for me because I missed the Borders at Wheelock, Singapore, which had to close down.






























On the second day, we went to KLCC.
Going to KL is like going for an eating spree for me. I don't really shop but I love to eat!!






























Featuring here is my soupy Wantan Noodles. It was a huge portion for me but I'm really hungry because I didn't eat lunch. This is like my lunch plus dinner at 4 pm.

The Petronas Twin Towers form a striking contrast to the night sky. 
 




Standing at 451.9m high, it took 7 years to build this magnificent structure! We didn't go up the skybridge though because we need to queue and it's a long wait before it was our turn to go up. The Petronas is still the tallest twin skyscrapers in the world while the record for the tallest building goes to the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. 
In this age, every country seems to want to build their tallest structure. It is said that the India Tower is going to be the next 2nd tallest building in the world when it is completed in 2016. South Korea is building its tallest skyscraper, Lotte World Tower by 2015. The US is also building its One World Trade Centre by 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment